Have you ever wondered?
- Surgeon: NA, what nerve am I worried about at this level of the neck?
- NA: Hm...my understanding is that it would be the recurrent laryngeal nerve?
- Surgeon: You are absolutely right, and what would possibly happen if I nicked it?
- NA: The patient would develop hoarseness of voice.
- Surgeon: Excellent...say, have you ever wondered how long the recurrent laryngeal nerve is in a giraffe?
- NA: ...Not until this moment.
- Surgeon: And I wonder what would a hoarse-sounding giraffe sound like...
- NA: Um...